InfectiveINk.com is interested in great fiction. Unless specified, we are open to all genres and styles, except erotica.
We offer $10 per Short Story (submissions between 1500 and 5000 words), payable via PayPal. We do not currently pay for Flash Fiction (submissions under 1500 words), bragging rights however, are priceless, and we encourage you to exercise yours.
Being published right now:
- Discovering your parents’ secret stash
- Figuring out that your parents are actual real people who have had sex outside of your conception and have their own hopes and dreams and vices can be pretty horrible/shocking/eye opening/disgusting/amazing/wonderful – or what have you
Submissions for this prompt closed on August 29th 2014
To be published October 2014:
- Hallowe’en tales!
- All genres (except erotica) welcome, but horror/murder/something scary’ish preferred
- Stories that factor in Halloween are highly preferred
- Stories that are not horror/murder/something scary’ish, MUST use Hallowe’en as a significant element (i.e. if your story is about a school dance, then make sure it’s a Hallowe’en dance and everyone is in costume etc)
You should submit your story by September 28th 2014
To be published November 2014:
- Opposites attract … or don’t attract but wind up having to deal with each other
- Stories should feature the interactions of two very different people or groups. They can get along, or not – it’s your call
You should submit your story by October 29th 2014
Micro-Flash Prompts, 1 sentence minimum, no maximum word length!
Visit us on Twitter @INfectiveINk for our mini prompts. Reply to the prompt tweet with your Twitter length story, or tweet a teaser and a link to the full piece! All replies will be retweeted.
- All perspectives are welcome unless the prompt specifies which one we’re looking for e.g. Second person perspective preferred.
- Unless specified, we are also open to all tenses, character gender, etc. You’re encouraged to explore.
- Unless specified all genres are welcome except erotica. A haunted house doesn’t have to be a horror story, in fact a haunted house could simply refer to a memory or a family that has endured a tragedy. Zombie tales can be hilarious, and the word ‘zombie’ could refer to any number of things. Mysteries can find their way into any situation. Be creative, push your boundaries, have fun, write great stories.
- We are pretty flexible with regard to story length, but please make an attempt toward reason.
Questions? Need some help/guidance? Email us at Ask@InfectiveINk.com
2 readers love this story!