InfectiveINk.com is interested in great fiction. Unless specified, we are open to all genres and styles, except erotica.
We offer $10 per Short Story (submissions between 1500 and 5000 words), payable via PayPal. We do not currently pay for Flash Fiction (submissions under 1500 words), bragging rights however, are priceless, and we encourage you to exercise yours.
To be published June 2013:
- I won the lottery! I’ve made my plans! Now where the &#%! is the ticket?!
- Start your story anywhere you’d like within the prompt – from the moment of realisation of winning, or the aftermath of trying to find the ticket, and anywhere in between!
- We’d like real stories here with real characters we can love or hate, not just lists of purchases and plans.
You should submit your story by May 29th 2013
To be published July 2013:
- Technology gone very very wrong
- Robot rebellions! Texting thumb injuries! Ghosts in the machines!
- Technology is meant to make our lives and work easier and more pleasurable – let’s explore the more creative ways that can go very very wrong!
- We love to see some first person narrative here
You should submit your story by June 28th 2013
To be published August 2013:
- Times long past
- Give us a glimpse of history and set your story in the past – 1960′s and earlier. Earlier preferred.
You should submit your story by July 29th 2013
To be published September 2013:
- Humour! Or, if that seems like a misspelling, humor!
- Anything goes, just aim to make our readers giggle and laugh out loud.
You should submit your story by August 29th 2013
To be published October 2013:
- Monster mash!
- Zombies, vampires, werewolves – or monsters of your own creation. Stories should be either monster centric or simply set in a monster laden universe
You should submit your story by September 28th 2013
Micro-Flash Prompts, 1 sentence minimum, no maximum word length!
Visit us on Twitter @INfectiveINk for our mini prompts. Reply to the prompt tweet with your Twitter length story, or tweet a teaser and a link to the full piece! All replies will be retweeted.
- All perspectives are welcome unless the prompt specifies which one we’re looking for e.g. Second person perspective preferred.
- Unless specified, we are also open to all tenses, character gender, etc. You’re encouraged to explore.
- With the exception of erotica, all genres are welcome. A haunted house doesn’t have to be a horror story, in fact a haunted house could simply refer to a memory or a family that has endured a tragedy. Zombie tales can be hilarious, and the word ‘zombie’ could refer to any number of things. Mysteries can find their way into any situation. Be creative, push your boundaries, have fun, write great stories.
- We are pretty flexible with regard to story length, but please make an attempt toward reason.
- You are welcome to submit your own infections to be used as future prompts here at InfectiveINk.com. Send us your rich characters, send us your universe, send us your unresolved situation! We don’t pay for this, but you will get credit for the prompt.
Questions? Need some help/guidance? Email us at Ask@InfectiveINk.com
1 reader loves this story!