InfectiveINk.com is interested in great fiction. Unless specified, we are open to all genres and styles, except erotica.
We offer $10 per Short Story (submissions between 1500 and 5000 words), payable via PayPal. We do not currently pay for Flash Fiction (submissions under 1500 words), bragging rights however, are priceless, and we encourage you to exercise yours.
- Little mistakes, big trouble
- We all make mistakes, usually small, and usually inconsequential, but sometimes those little things lead to surprising and troublesome places
Submissions for this prompt closed on July 28th 2016
To be published September 2016:
- Girls! Women! Ladies! Chicks!
- Your story must have at least two female characters
- You story must have no male characters, and not mention or refer to the mens in any way, (this means you must also avoid mentioning their lack of presence in the story)
- We’ve all read countless stories where women make no appearance, so it shouldn’t be difficult to let the boys sit one out
- Please, no stories about breast cancer or menstruation
Submissions extended to September 10th. If your submission was sent between August 17th and 22nd, please resend as it was not received.
To be published October 2016:
- Twilight sucked, so fix it
- We’re looking for YA or new adult, horror or fantasy or sci-fi, with a bit of romance
- Your characters don’t have to be teens, but keep that YA template in mind
- Please avoid obvious fanfiction, unless you’re going for satire
- Have fun!
You should submit your story by September 27th 2016
To be published November 2016:
- An overheard conversation should factor into the story in a significant way
- Remember, there are a lot of different ways a person can accidentally (or intentionally) overhear or be overheard
You should submit your story by October 28th 2016
Micro-Flash Prompts, 1 sentence minimum, no maximum word length!
Visit us on Twitter @INfectiveINk for our mini prompts. Reply to the prompt tweet with your Twitter length story, or tweet a teaser and a link to the full piece! All replies will be retweeted.
- All perspectives are welcome unless the prompt specifies which one we’re looking for e.g. Second person perspective preferred.
- Unless specified, we are also open to all tenses, character gender, etc. You’re encouraged to explore.
- Unless specified all genres are welcome except erotica. A haunted house doesn’t have to be a horror story, in fact a haunted house could simply refer to a memory or a family that has endured a tragedy. Zombie tales can be hilarious, and the word ‘zombie’ could refer to any number of things. Mysteries can find their way into any situation. Be creative, push your boundaries, have fun, write great stories.
- We are pretty flexible with regard to story length, but please make an attempt toward reason.
Questions? Need some help/guidance? Email us at Ask@InfectiveINk.com
2 readers love this story!