InfectiveINk.com is interested in great fiction. Unless specified, we are open to all genres and styles, except erotica.
We offer $10 per Short Story (submissions between 1500 and 5000 words), payable via PayPal. We do not currently pay for Flash Fiction (submissions under 1500 words), bragging rights however, are priceless, and we encourage you to exercise yours.
To be published January 2014:
- Fairy tales
- A new spin on a familiar tale, or something all your own
You should submit your story by December 29th 2013
To be published February 2014:
- Strange romance
- Relationships are tough, but when your partner is an alien/vampire/demon/zombie/angel/superhero or what have you, there are a number of unique challenges to face
- All genres are welcome, but any erotica must also be hilarious
- This prompt was inspired by the amazing E.M. Sole’s, Monster Like Me, published here on October 17th
You should submit your story by January 29th 2014
To be published March 2014:
- What happens after death?
- At least part of the story should take place in your afterlife scenario
- Sorry, lovely atheists, no blank pages please
You should submit your story by February 26th 2014
Micro-Flash Prompts, 1 sentence minimum, no maximum word length!
Visit us on Twitter @INfectiveINk for our mini prompts. Reply to the prompt tweet with your Twitter length story, or tweet a teaser and a link to the full piece! All replies will be retweeted.
- All perspectives are welcome unless the prompt specifies which one we’re looking for e.g. Second person perspective preferred.
- Unless specified, we are also open to all tenses, character gender, etc. You’re encouraged to explore.
- With the exception of erotica, all genres are welcome. A haunted house doesn’t have to be a horror story, in fact a haunted house could simply refer to a memory or a family that has endured a tragedy. Zombie tales can be hilarious, and the word ‘zombie’ could refer to any number of things. Mysteries can find their way into any situation. Be creative, push your boundaries, have fun, write great stories.
- We are pretty flexible with regard to story length, but please make an attempt toward reason.
- You are welcome to submit your own infections to be used as future prompts here at InfectiveINk.com. Send us your rich characters, send us your universe, send us your unresolved situation! We don’t pay for this, but you will get credit for the prompt.
Questions? Need some help/guidance? Email us at Ask@InfectiveINk.com
2 readers love this story!